Friday, July 16, 2010

Minsoo's Behind the Story

How I Got into Fitness:
I never knew about fitness when I was in Korea. I started with jazz dance after I graduated from high school. After two years of dancing, I wanted to be a dancer, but I decided to come to the states to learn English instead.
After three months staying at the dorm, I gained 20 lbs. Holly cow!! It was crazy so I started going to the gym and working out. I started going to the group exercise classes and after my first semester at UTA, I became a group exercise instructor. That was the beginning of me meeting with Fitness. I did not know anything about fitness before, but as I started the job, I learned more about fitness and started falling in love with it.
Like I mentioned before, many Koreans do not know about being fit. Girls want to be skinny and do not want to gain any muscle on their body. Because I was exposed and now I know how fitness is important for us, I want to educate them. I want to change the culture that girls starve themselves and being skinny. I set my goal: Let them know that being fit and healthy is important. But how?

Why I Competing:
Changing the mind set or culture is not easy. Nobody won't listen to me what I say unless I am the "important person" whom people would pay attention what I say. So I guess I have to be famous then. Right? That's when I decided that I wanted to be a fitness model. If I do, people would at least pay attention what I say. However, to be a model is not easy. I have to sell my self and you know there are so many dirty little secret in those industries..

How I Started Competing:
When I realized that to be a model is super hard, some of my friends told me about the bodybuilding competition. I've never thought that I would be the type to go into bodybuilding, but I found that there was Bikini division and I started thinking about doing it. It was April 19th, 2010.

I will talk more about my training and my first competition at the next post. Thanks for reading my story!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is really cool.

    Best of luck Minsoo!

    and when you become famous, if you need any self-defense training, you can always come to Arlington ^_^

    Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete